Noteworthy changes in version 2.3.0 (2021-04-07)
* A new experimental key database daemon is provided. To enable it
put "use-keyboxd" into gpg.conf and gpgsm.conf. Keys are stored
in a SQLite database and make key lookup much faster.
* New tool gpg-card as a flexible frontend for all types of
* New option --chuid for gpg, gpgsm, gpgconf, gpg-card, and
* The gpg-wks-client tool is now installed under bin; a wrapper for
its old location at libexec is also installed.
* tpm2d: New daemon to physically bind keys to the local machine.
* gpg: Switch to ed25519/cv25519 as default public key algorithms.
* gpg: Verification results now depend on the --sender option and
the signer's UID subpacket. [T4735]
* gpg: Do not use any 64-bit block size cipher algorithm for
encryption. Use AES as last resort cipher preference instead of
3DES. This can be reverted using --allow-old-cipher-algos.
* gpg: Support AEAD encryption mode using OCB or EAX.
* gpg: Support v5 keys and signatures.
* gpg: Support curve X448 (ed448, cv448).
* gpg: Allow use of group names in key listings. [rGe825aea2ba]
* gpg: New option --full-timestrings to print date and time.
* gpg: New option --force-sign-key. [T4584]
* gpg: New option --no-auto-trust-new-key.
* gpg: The legacy key discovery method PKA is no longer supported.
The command --print-pka-records and the PKA related import and
export options have been removed.
* gpg: Support export of Ed448 Secure Shell keys.
* gpgsm: Add basic ECC support.
* gpgsm: Support creation of EdDSA certificates. [T4888]
* agent: Allow the use of "Label:" in a key file to customize the
pinentry prompt. [rG5388537806]
* agent: Support ssh-agent extensions for environment variables.
With a patched version of OpenSSH this avoids the need for the
"updatestartuptty" kludge. [rG224e26cf7b]
* scd: Improve support for multiple card readers and tokens.
* scd: Support PIV cards.
* scd: Support for Rohde&Schwarz Cybersecurity cards.
* scd: Support Telesec Signature Cards v2.0
* scd: Support multiple application on certain smartcard.
* scd: New option --application-priority.
* scd: New option --pcsc-shared; see man page for important notes.
* dirmngr: Support a gpgNtds parameter in LDAP keyserver URLs.
* The symcryptrun tool, a wrapper for the now obsolete external
Chiasmus tool, has been removed.
* Full Unicode support for the command line. [T4398]