Kleopatra and gpgex problem
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

Tried to encrypt some files via explorer shell extension. Kleopatra was opened
and minimised. After a click on "encrypt" in menu, file browser (total
commander) freezed for a few seconds (maybe 5 or more) and the information
appeared, saying: "Can not connect to GnuPG user Interface (Kleopatra) IPC
connect call failed."
When I switched to Kleopatra, it was frozen and didn't respond to anything, so I
killed it. Then started Kleopatra again, and tried to encrypt those files in it.
That worked. So I tried to decrypt the files via shell extension and the same
error message appeared, but Kleopatra still worked.
I am new to Gpg4win so there may be some mistakes in my description. I like this
piece of software and I am confused why it doesn't work. And I didn't find exact
the same bug report. If anyone has a question, feel free to ask me.

Details

Version
2.3.0
welltell set Version to 2.3.0.Dec 28 2015, 6:58 PM
welltell added projects: gpg4win, Bug Report.
welltell added a subscriber: welltell.
aheinecke added a subscriber: aheinecke.

There are several reports about such problems. So far I'm unable to reproduce /
debug this. But we have to look into conditions that might cause this and at
least improve error reporting in these cases.

So far I can only think of that the UIserver socket file
(%APPDATA%\gnupg\S.uiserver) has permissions that kleopatra can not create it.

aheinecke closed this task as Resolved.Apr 24 2017, 5:42 PM

With Gpg4win 3.0 we have reworked the startup of Kleopatra. It is now much more robust. Please try https://wiki.gnupg.org/GpgOL/Development/Testversions and reopen this issue / comment if this is still a problem.