- User Since
- Mar 27 2017, 4:49 PM (182 w, 18 h)
Tue, Sep 15
Thu, Sep 10
Wed, Sep 9
This is fixed now, but of course it will only affect the next release :-/
There are two problems that might be mixed in here:
What I noticed sometimes is that pinentry-qt properly becomes the ForegroundWindow but the input focus is not set on the line, even though an active cursor is shown in the line.
This might be a pinentry-qt specific issue and I look into that.
Tue, Sep 8
thanks for the report. Between Gpg4win-3.1.12 and Gpg4win-3.1.11 KF5ConfigWidgets was indeed updated so your report might point to a regression in that library.
Argh, that will also be shown when Kleopatra first starts and no keys are visible. This is caused by a change in Gpg4win to check the integrity of the Version by verifying that the VERSION file is signed.
Fri, Sep 4
Thu, Sep 3
Wed, Sep 2
I have tested a GnuPG Token with Gpg4win-3.1.12 and generating a key with Kleopatra did not work
With 2.2.23-beta4 that contains: 0a9665187a7cbf68933b7162fb5f974177684a50 I have repeated the test on Linux and first the key-attr change that Kleopatra sends fails:
See also: T3506
I have removed that feature intentionally. There were some issues where encryption errors were not properly reported to Kleopatra and handled by Kleopatra. This could result in catastrophic data loss. I have fixed ~3 issues regarding to that and then decided that in our architecture we cannot absolutely guarantee that this never can happen and cannot happen in the future. We have resolved all the issues, but they could occur again.
Mon, Aug 24
So if gnupg version >= 2.2.22 Kleopatra needs to convert the passed filenames to UTF-8 and pass them with the --utf8-strings option to gpgtar. This needs to be changed in Kleo. -> Assigned to me.
- Inventorized Wool with a street value of about 100k 8-)
- Fought with my laptop, even with kernel 5.7 and latest Nvidia + bumblebee I can't get the hybrid graphics or the display link docking station to work :-/ I'm probably too incompetent a Linux admin.
Aug 17 2020
- Several demos and telkos with potential institutional users
- Started refactoring GpgOLs attachment handling to avoid MAPI writes for T5022
- Worked so far but the mapi to mime handling did not work properly. I might need an additional MAPI write after creating the OOM structures.
- Made Compliance mode name configurable in Gpg4win through libkleopatrarc
Aug 14 2020
Aug 12 2020
Further analysis shows that this only happens when async crypt is enabled.
Aug 11 2020
Aug 10 2020
Aug 7 2020
This has been shipped with Gpg4win-3.1.12
Aug 6 2020
Thanks for providing your workaround.
To be honest I have not tried that but it should work because then it has another 50 tries to find a name like "attachment_51.txt" because we stay in the loop.
I think this is good now.
I'm not sure what to do with the issue. For further analysis we would need to figure out what third party software breaks the MIME structure of the mail. That is more something for a support contract and not for the general issue tracker. This issue is very specific to your setup and so I'm not surprised that Microsoft says it can't help.
Thanks. rMdb82e99 resolved this.
We have released 3.1.12 which updated all the GUI libraries Kleopatra uses and I got some feedback in related issues like T4689 that this might have helped.
3.1.12 was released with this.
I just ran the test suite ~10 Times with -j48 on a 12 core machine and cannot reproduce this at all with GnuPG-2.2.21 and gpgme-1.14.0 so I tend to put this on resolved, otherwise this is a candidate for an issue that will be indefinetly in the tracker which we cannot reproduce or analyze further.
The t-json failure is: T4820
Thanks, I've applied this with an explicit include to <cstdlib> it was not required on Linux and Windows but I think it's better not to rely on internal libc++ include chains.
@bzbue1 Thanks for the info.
Yes. We want to move away from the edit interface as much as possible. It's very fragile and broke a lot in the past when --edit-key emitted different status lines and the state machine did not work anymore.
Aug 5 2020
Aug 4 2020
Aug 3 2020
Most work last week went into customizable MSI installers. The idea is that a customer of our Software will be able to obtain an MSI package that directly includes his specific configuration. Esp. for S/MIME this is useful because trustlist.txt and available root CA's can be configured in deployment.