- User Since
- Apr 10 2017, 6:07 PM (303 w, 5 d)
Nov 24 2017
THANK YOU! Once you push those changes, I'll see about back-porting the patches to Debian stable/Ubuntu LTS.
Nov 23 2017
The attached patches make the necessary changes to libgcrypt and gpg-agent. A word about my change to libgcrypt. Since all of the *_secure allocation operations were hardcoded to set xhint to zero, I simply replaced that hardcoded value with a static variable. In the patches I have some sample documentation for both changes. My scheme skills are quite old, so I did not write a test case.
Here is the test case that I wrote a while back (Follow-up to Crashes with gpg-agent 2.1.18). It is written with bash in mind and creates a stand-alone GNUPGHOME directory with a pinentry routine that supplies the password (I guess I could have preset the passphrase) and then starts 200 concurrent gpg decryption requests. With GPG 2.1.18 and up, this usually exposes the out of memory situation very fast.