I think one is needed. Gpg4win uses the current master and it works fine as far as I can see. I've even tested GPA a bit ;-)
There are critical fixes for Windows in it.
* Python: No longer raises BadSignatures from
* cpp: gpgme_set_global_flag is now wrapped.
* Fixed a crash introduced in 1.13.0 when working
with S/MIME. [#4456]
* w32: Improved handling of unicode install paths.
* w32: The gpgme_io_spawn error message is now
only shown once. [#4453]
* w32: Fixed format string errors introduced in
1.13.0 that could cause crashes. [#4440]
* w32: Fixed an error in the new diagnostic
gpgsm support introduced in 1.13.0 that caused
crashes in low fd scenarios. [#4439]