Page MenuHome GnuPG

PGP/MIME e-mails are not decrypted
Open, NormalPublic

Description

Already searched a lot but did not find a solution for this:

The gpgol-add-in just shows "Unsicher" (unsave?) and the attachements shown are "Version.txt" and "Message.pgp". I get this in a Windows domain using Outlook 2013 and 2019 Business Premium. If I check the identical e-mails outside the domain the decryption works perfect. I already deinstalled AV (Kaspersky), disabled all other add-ins and checked all GPO but did not find a reason for this behaviour. The log has no Error I just found:

10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:gpgol_openProperty: OpenProperty failed hr=0x8004010f MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_body_as_stream: OpenProperty tag=84470102 failed: hr=0x8004010f
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_change_message_class Message is not a crypto message or already in the right class.

Maybe somebody can give me a hint whats going wrong? Thanks in advance for any help on this!

The complete log for one e-mail processed:

10:52:22/10360/application-events.cpp:Invoke: ItemLoad event. Getting object.
10:52:22/10360/application-events.cpp:Invoke: Creating mail object for item: 1b8b8490
10:52:22/12184/windowmessages.cpp:do_async: Do async with type 1108 after 0 ms
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_change_message_class: checking message class `IPM.Note'
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:change_message_class_ipm_note: content type is 'multipart/mixed'
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:gpgol_openProperty: OpenProperty failed hr=0x8004010f MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_body_as_stream: OpenProperty tag=84470102 failed: hr=0x8004010f
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_change_message_class Message is not a crypto message or already in the right class.
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_header_info:Found Boundary. '_003_9bbae384590c48809569039e634cf6acgrenkede_'
10:52:22/10360/mailitem-events.cpp:Invoke: Non crypto mail 1becf848 opened. Updating sigstatus.
10:52:22/10360/mailitem-events.cpp:Invoke: Removing Mail for message: 15ed04b8.
10:52:22/10360/windowmessages.cpp:gpgol_window_proc: Recieved user msg: 1108
10:52:22/10360/windowmessages.cpp:gpgol_window_proc: clearing last mail
10:52:22/10936/windowmessages.cpp:do_in_ui_thread: Sending message of type 1101
10:52:22/10360/windowmessages.cpp:gpgol_window_proc: Recieved user msg: 1101
10:52:22/10360/windowmessages.cpp:gpgol_window_proc: Invalidating UI
10:52:22/10360/gpgoladdin.cpp:invalidateRibbons: Invalidating ribbon: 1aca1268
10:52:22/10360/gpgoladdin.cpp:invalidateRibbons: Invalidation done.
10:52:22/10360/windowmessages.cpp:gpgol_window_proc: Invalidation done
10:52:22/10360/gpgoladdin.cpp:GetIDsOfNames: GetIDsOfNames for: getSigLabel
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:getContext: contextObj: _Explorer
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_pa_string: Property `http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{31805AB8-3E92-11DC-879C-00061B031004}/GpgOL UID/0x0000001F' is not a string (vt=0)
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_unique_id: No uuid found in oom for '15ed01f8'
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_uid: Failed to get prop for '1b8d7e7c'
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:get_mail_from_control: Failed to get uid for 15ed01f8
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:get_sig_label: No mail.
10:52:22/10360/gpgoladdin.cpp:GetIDsOfNames: GetIDsOfNames for: btnSigstateLarge
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:getContext: contextObj: _Explorer
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_pa_string: Property `http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{31805AB8-3E92-11DC-879C-00061B031004}/GpgOL UID/0x0000001F' is not a string (vt=0)
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_unique_id: No uuid found in oom for '15ed01f8'
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_uid: Failed to get prop for '1b8d7e7c'
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:get_mail_from_control: Failed to get uid for 15ed01f8
10:52:22/10360/gpgoladdin.cpp:GetIDsOfNames: GetIDsOfNames for: getIsDetailsEnabled
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:getContext: contextObj: _Explorer
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_pa_string: Property `http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/string/{31805AB8-3E92-11DC-879C-00061B031004}/GpgOL UID/0x0000001F' is not a string (vt=0)
10:52:22/10360/oomhelp.cpp:get_unique_id: No uuid found in oom for '15ed0250'
10:52:22/10360/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_uid: Failed to get prop for '1b8d7e7c'
10:52:22/10360/ribbon-callbacks.cpp:get_mail_from_control: Failed to get uid for 15ed0250

Event Timeline

werner triaged this task as Normal priority.Jan 5 2021, 9:19 AM
werner added projects: gpgol, Support.

The problem ist not an "ugly error message" but it does not recognize that the e-mail IS encyrpted by Symantec-PGP! But the plugin always says:

12:25:51/25100/application-events.cpp:Invoke: Creating mail object for item: 34145fa8
12:25:51/26604/windowmessages.cpp:do_async: Do async with type 1108 after 0 ms
12:25:51/25100/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_change_message_class: checking message class `IPM.Note'
12:25:51/25100/mapihelp.cpp:change_message_class_ipm_note: content type is 'multipart/mixed'
12:25:51/25100/mapihelp.cpp:mapi_get_body_as_stream: OpenProperty tag=83d50102 failed: hr=0x8004010f
12:25:51/25100/mailitem-events.cpp:Invoke: Non crypto mail 2956f1d0 opened. Updating sigstatus.

And that's not correct saying "Non crypto mail"!

If I open the attached "Message.pgp" externally then cleopatra immediately decrypts the message. But the I have the result in the file system as an "eml" file that Outlook is not able to handle. I can see the correct content including attachments in Thunderbird.