Jun 18 2018
We did not have more reports about this so I'm resolving it here.
Apr 3 2018
Mar 29 2018
fixed with rev. 4fbbd134b865b1203b1914eb1623fa65aab8cb75
Mar 21 2018
Jan 29 2018
Confirming this bug in Gpg4win version 3.0.3 (previous version was OK).
Nov 29 2017
Sorry for the delay, been a busy busy couple of weeks..
Nov 28 2017
Setting this to resolved until we get reports to the contrary.
As GpgEX only queries a UI Server (GPA or Kleopatra) this is a Kleopatra or GPA problem.
With Gpg4win-3.0 Kleopatra got the option "Encrypt with password" in the file encryption dialog, which does symmetric encryption. GPA does not offer this but as Kleopatra is our main UI for GpgEX I think this feature request is done.
Nov 27 2017
The only way I can think of that this fails if that there are some old files from a gpg4win installation that was not cleanly removed lying around and failing to start.
Nov 21 2017
Since there was no action for half a year, I think this task can be closed.
With the Release of Gpg4win 3.0.1 this error doesn't appear anymore for me while testing.
Nov 14 2017
Multiple bugs fixed here:
Nov 13 2017
Thanks for the report. This is indeed badly broken. I'll work on this now.
I can reproduce and also have a reproducable crash when trying to encrypt a special folder. This must be a recent regression because I tested this some months ago and it worked fine.
Oct 28 2017
I have tried this on Windows 10 (1511,1703,1709&RS4TP)
Gpg4win Version 3.0.0
I was using Windows 7 Professional.
The last version that worked was gpg4win 2.3.4 (I didn't try any beta or rc), and encryption/decryption works fine for single files.
Oct 27 2017
Hi, thanks for the report.
I have also experience the same bug and reported it on:
Oct 24 2017
Since this is a bug that is related to two different parts of the gpg4win package, this bug now only cares about the GpgOL Issue, that GpgOL crashes and cant decrypt messages from the sent folder that are encrypted with S/MIME. All File Based Issues are belonging to Kleopatra are documentet in the KDE Phabricator (https://phabricator.kde.org/T7310).
- Mails encrypted with S/MIME are stored with "No Data" in the sent EMail folder, but arrive properly at the recipients (you will recieve a readable copy, if you add yourself to the list of recipients). This Issue breaks the GpgOL Plugin after some time which is leading to the described Problem.
Oct 23 2017
- Files that are Signed and Encrypted to a S/MIME Certificate is broken. When you select a file and encrypt and sign it to a recipient, only a detached signature will be created and the Encrpyted file is missing. (Very similar to Issue 1, but file based).
Oct 19 2017
So far we could recreate the following issues:
Oct 17 2017
There are more Logfiles:
Oct 11 2017
Oct 10 2017
See T3441 for one additional screenshot with error codes.
The log file shows that gpgex (or explorer) crashes.
The output from gpgsm -K in the last quote is perfectly okay. -K works by iterating over all public keys and checking for each public key whether the private key part is also available. If the private key is not available gpg-agent returns an error.
Oct 9 2017
Sep 12 2017
Jul 27 2017
Sorry to have overlooked your report initially.
We fixed some bugs related to this. Can you please try with the latest Beta from https://files.gpg4win.org/Beta/current/
Jul 26 2017
The beta is not released, but maybe Andre can make use of that info.
Jul 17 2017
Jun 28 2017
Fixed in b00cf0913243ad5432e4cb859146d88b6691f9a3.
Apr 24 2017
With Gpg4win-3.0 ( https://wiki.gnupg.org/Gpg4win/Testversions ) Kleopatra is a completely different beast and I think this is fixed. I've tried it in various setups with Virtual Machines running for a long time and never had this problem anymore.
Mar 30 2017
Dec 14 2016
May 10 2016
Thanks. Fixed in the repo.