Jan 28 2021
Aug 13 2020
Thanks a lot.
Aug 7 2020
Aug 6 2020
We have released 3.1.12 which updated all the GUI libraries Kleopatra uses and I got some feedback in related issues like T4689 that this might have helped.
Jul 1 2020
I think this might be the issue with High DPI support problems. T4819 which is not yet released.
Jun 29 2020
May 11 2020
I see no reason to not allow decryption of an entire folder recursively. The user knows what they are doing by right-clicking a folder instead of a file. You can show a progress dialog with a cancel button.
May 8 2020
Right. GpgEX is in serious need of polishing. I'm not sure if I'm in favor of processing all files recursively. But then the decrypt option should not even be shown.
Apr 17 2020
Please let us know which version of Gpg4win you are using.
Nov 12 2019
This should be normal priority as we continue to receive bug reports about UIServer and the usage in GpgEX of the UIServer protocol keeps us from removing it in Kleopatra.
Feb 27 2019
I'll try to reproduce it.
Jan 30 2019
Jun 18 2018
We did not have more reports about this so I'm resolving it here.
Apr 3 2018
Mar 29 2018
fixed with rev. 4fbbd134b865b1203b1914eb1623fa65aab8cb75
Mar 21 2018
Jan 29 2018
Confirming this bug in Gpg4win version 3.0.3 (previous version was OK).
Nov 29 2017
Sorry for the delay, been a busy busy couple of weeks..
Nov 28 2017
Setting this to resolved until we get reports to the contrary.
As GpgEX only queries a UI Server (GPA or Kleopatra) this is a Kleopatra or GPA problem.
With Gpg4win-3.0 Kleopatra got the option "Encrypt with password" in the file encryption dialog, which does symmetric encryption. GPA does not offer this but as Kleopatra is our main UI for GpgEX I think this feature request is done.
Nov 27 2017
The only way I can think of that this fails if that there are some old files from a gpg4win installation that was not cleanly removed lying around and failing to start.
Nov 21 2017
Since there was no action for half a year, I think this task can be closed.
With the Release of Gpg4win 3.0.1 this error doesn't appear anymore for me while testing.
Nov 14 2017
Multiple bugs fixed here:
Nov 13 2017
Thanks for the report. This is indeed badly broken. I'll work on this now.
I can reproduce and also have a reproducable crash when trying to encrypt a special folder. This must be a recent regression because I tested this some months ago and it worked fine.
Oct 28 2017
I have tried this on Windows 10 (1511,1703,1709&RS4TP)
Gpg4win Version 3.0.0
I was using Windows 7 Professional.
The last version that worked was gpg4win 2.3.4 (I didn't try any beta or rc), and encryption/decryption works fine for single files.
Oct 27 2017
Hi, thanks for the report.
I have also experience the same bug and reported it on:
Oct 24 2017
Since this is a bug that is related to two different parts of the gpg4win package, this bug now only cares about the GpgOL Issue, that GpgOL crashes and cant decrypt messages from the sent folder that are encrypted with S/MIME. All File Based Issues are belonging to Kleopatra are documentet in the KDE Phabricator (https://phabricator.kde.org/T7310).
- Mails encrypted with S/MIME are stored with "No Data" in the sent EMail folder, but arrive properly at the recipients (you will recieve a readable copy, if you add yourself to the list of recipients). This Issue breaks the GpgOL Plugin after some time which is leading to the described Problem.
Oct 23 2017
- Files that are Signed and Encrypted to a S/MIME Certificate is broken. When you select a file and encrypt and sign it to a recipient, only a detached signature will be created and the Encrpyted file is missing. (Very similar to Issue 1, but file based).
Oct 19 2017
So far we could recreate the following issues: