a GUI for GNU PG among other things
Mon, Apr 15
Thanks for the report. Indeed I can also reproduce it with my own key. For signatures from expired / revoked / disabled keys it shows "No public key" because GnuPG returns the same error in that case. We can fix that by looking up the key ourself.
Sat, Apr 13
By installation from version 2.3 an error occurred, I´ll send you a screenshot by e-mail. However, I have some comments to the current version which may also help: I have three keys, two on smart cards and one on a Yubikey. So long as only smart cards are used, it is no problem to change between the cards and they work fine. Problems occur, if a Yubikey comes in. (i) Not always a Yubikey is recognized by pressing F5. (ii) It the Yubikey is recognized and next a key from a smart card is needed, a computer restart is required.
I tried also command: gpgconf --kill gpg-agent
It was possible to change from smart card to Yubikey with the command. However, if the Yubikey 5 NFC was recognized, the only way to change back to the smart card was a restart of the computer.
Fri, Apr 12
Tue, Apr 9
Unsupported protocol still means something with your GnuPG installation is strange.
Whats surprising me most here is that Kleopatra works for you.
Mon, Apr 8
I´ll give it a try for sure! Probaly next weekend, so my feedback will be sent next week. Please, keep the file open. THANKS
I'm interested if this works as you imagine with 2.3 I'm pretty sure werner worked on a problem like that.
After re-start, the smart card will be recognized in proper way and it works. I assume it has something to do with using Yubikey and smart cards with different keys alternatively. The Yubikey was not found originally, so I modified the following:
2.3 Release plan is around this summer. There will be a public beta sooner.
Kleopatra recognizes the smart card, shows the correct version number and keys in the "smart card - management" window. In the Keylist I can´t find the key. Currently GnuPG 2.2.15 is installed. Do you know then version 2.3. will be released?
For Kleopatra there is a "TODO" to better handle multiple smartcard readers. E.g. that you can have mutliple tabs in the smartcard management view.
Thu, Mar 28
Fixed with 3.1.7
Wed, Mar 27
3.1.6 is released.
Mar 26 2019
If the filename embedded in the encrypted message differs from the filename Kleopatra uses (which is derived from the file system filename) Kleopatra will now show the filename. This should cover the case where users receive an "Attachment.pgp" and do not know what that is.
Mar 25 2019
Can you open the command line (cmd.exe) and execute there: "gpg --passwd 6B05B09F" ?
I've recently moved from the Windows 7 system where I saw the problem to a Windows 10 system where Kleopatra works. As Windows 7 will no longer be supported by Microsoft, there seems little point in working on this issue, so I'd be happy if it was closed as Won't Fix.
Mar 23 2019
Mar 22 2019
Hi - that did the trick. The linked gpgol.dll loads without any issues. However the decryption of e-Mails don't work. I get the
"OpenPGP Encrypted message (decryption not possible) Could not decrypt the data: Unsupported protocol" error.
Mar 19 2019
This is very strange, common to all the crashes in the log is that they happen while a keylisting is running and before the first key from that keylisting is returned. But this could be a red herring because the keylisting is always started immediately in a background thread and so it would be normal that if the crash occurs immediately that it would still be running. The keylisting code is extremely similar to Kleopatra though. So I don't understand why Kleopatra would then work for you.
Mar 18 2019
Since I configured call tracing the running O365 Client dies immediately after activating the addin. Same happens now if I activate the addin.
Anyways, here is the log.
Thanks for the report. Log looks not unusual.
Mar 11 2019
It's better to have a new Task for this as I explain in T4402
I'm new here, therefore I'm unsure whether this posting is correct at this position.
Within my organisation we have ongoing troubles with the error described here, with windows version 3.1.3 there is no such button "force decryption" as documented here.
Can you help? Regards Karl
Mar 8 2019
Mar 7 2019
I'm not sure yet where the bug lives. It's either in GPGME's editkeyinteractor that ignores the error / cancel or in Kleopatra itself. I'll have to look into it. Btw. I do not think that this should have high priority because it is not a new regression and while it is a Bug and wrong it is not really harmful.
I've opened T4395 for this to keep better track of it as this task was about another issue.
From a comment in T3990
Hi，aheinecke。my kleopatra version is "kleopatra Version 3.1.4-gpg4win-3.1.5".and when change expiry date, i enter a wrong passphrase or choose "cancle". it shows successfully. what can i do for solve this question. thanks.
Mar 5 2019
Mar 4 2019
Feb 27 2019
The dialog is improved and simplified now.