When installing GpgOL 2.5.4 (by Gpg4Win 3.1.24), and doing a test for mail-encryption on Windows 10 x64 21H2 <=> 20H2 (HTML- or Plaintext), Outlook shows no mail-body and no trust-state (see image, on top right corner):
When replacing the original gpgol.dll from Gpg4Win 3.1.16 or doing a reinstall of Gpg4Win 3.1.16 or 3.1.23, everything works fine (correct parsing and decoding):
The error occurs, when using GpgOL 2.5.4 (from the Gpg4Win 3.1.24-Build); when using GpgOL from 3.1.16 or 3.1.23, NO ERROR occurs.
On both machines, we're using Outlook (188.8.131.5257.1000) MSO (16.0.5361.1000) 64Bit
To "quick-and-dirty" reproduce / eliminate the error we just have to directly replace the "gpgol.dll" in the appropriate directories.
- gpgol.dll.184.108.40.20651 (Gpg4Win 3.1.16) -- works --
- gpgol.dll.220.127.116.1142 (Gpg4Win 3.1.23) -- works --
- gpgol.dll.18.104.22.168473 (Gpg4Win 3.1.24) -- ! FAILS ! --
I did some further testing (HTML-Mail or Plaintext-Mail is irrelevant):
On the Win10REL20H2 - system we're using "MCAFEE ENDPOINT PROTECTION WITH EPO-Server" ...
Maybe this could be an issue because all encrypted mail from this system is not "decodable" by version 2.5.4, only when we're using gpgol.dll <2.5.4 (i. e. 2.5.3 or 2.5.0, etc.) !!
But what are the special differences between these gpgol-versions and why does the decoding works with the older gpgol-versions ?
Win10REL20H2 GpGOL 2.5.3 or 2.5.4 (McAfee Endpoint Protection) => Win10REL21H2 GpgOL 2.5.4 (MS-Defender -standard-) => FAILED ! Win10REL20H2 GpGOL 2.5.4 or 2.5.4 (McAfee Endpoint Protection) => Win10REL21H2 GpgOL 2.5.4 (MS-Defender -standard-) => FAILED ! Win10REL20H2 GpGOL 2.5.3 or 2.5.4 (McAfee Endpoint Protection) => Win10REL21H2 GpgOL 2.5.3 (MS-Defender -standard-) => OK ! Win10REL21H2 GpgOL 2.5.3 or 2.5.4 (MS-Defender -standard-) => Win10REL20H2 GpGOL 2.5.3 or 2.5.4 (McAfee Endpoint Protection) => OK !
- On the next hours i will do a test by temporarily deactivating the McAfee-Engine in order to rule out any influence on the process.**
- Then i will post that result here ...**
Here is the (i hope so) disarmed gpgol.log.txt (i hope, i have removed all sensitive data):
Be patient ... and best regards,