Page MenuHome GnuPG

gpg's progress_filter needs to use uint64_t
Closed, ResolvedPublic


To let the progress indicator work properly on Windows the progress filter of gpg needs to use 64 bit types and not just unsigned long. As we all known Windows uses 32 bit for long even on64 bit windows.

Event Timeline

werner created this task.
werner created this object with edit policy "Contributor (Project)".
werner added a project: Feature Request.
werner moved this task from Backlog to WiP on the gnupg24 board.

We also need PROGRESS lines in gpgsm.

And of course we also need to adjust GPGME

I tested this with OpenPGP and 2.4.3-beta19 on Windows. Worked nicely.

werner edited projects, added gnupg24 (gnupg-2.4.3); removed gnupg24.
werner moved this task from WiP to QA on the gnupg22 board.

Was already with gpgme 1.21.0. Note that I used the done column but in future a milestone would be more useful than that catch all "done".

Still in testing mode because we need to test with gnupg 2.2.

ebo moved this task from Restricted Project Column to Restricted Project Column on the Restricted Project board.
ebo added a subscriber: ebo.

Tested in VS-Desktop- by encrypting a large file with Kleopatra. The progress bar shows percentage finished, progress looks all right

ebo edited projects, added gnupg22 (gnupg-2.2.42); removed gnupg22.
werner edited projects, added gpgme (gpgme 1.23.x); removed gpgme.