During setup of current Gpg4Win v3.1.16 on my Windows 7 (x64) SP1 Ultimate client (for Installer language I had choosen Italian - Italiano ), at nearly 20% of it, a non disruptive error 'PATH env variable too big' was displayed in a small dialog box (with Error title) only showing [ OK ] button.
After pressing [ OK ] installation seemed to proceed correctly and finished without displaying any more warnings or errors (and its setup wizard completed with an unchecked dialog box for README).
Because PATH system environment variable changes are typically expected after end of new application setups (in general new applications add their command folders at the beginning) after installation completed I decided to manually verify PATH via registry (so Path REG_SZ value into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment) and noticed :
- there were no changes I had expected,
- also there was no possibly expectable additional new environment variable set among system environment variables stored into registry.
Because before setup I had checked current Gpg4win Compendium v3 https://gpg4win.org/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium.html and in particular starting from Chapter I section '6 Installing Gpg4win' https://gpg4win.org/doc/en/gpg4win-compendium_11.html I thought I had some idea of what I should have expected after end of Gpg4win installation, so after I also did verified that :
- only GPA icon (manually selected for installation during setup) was self added into Win7 Recent App Launch space (the space right above All Programs menu),
- both GPA and Kleopatra icons were added into All Programs menu, and into Desktop,
- no new separate Gpg4win menu was created into Start Menu folder (as per above mentioned section '6 Installing Gpg4win'),
- Windows Explorer indeed seemed to have its shell extensions enabled (but unluckily since current Gpg4win Compendium v3 shows no image for that I cannot be 100% sure)
Since I wasn't really expecting any warnings (or errors) during setup I initially didn't get a screen shot bitmap of error itself so after I also checked that C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuPG and C:\Program Files (x86)\Gpg4win folders were created correctly I tried to investigate more only via 'GPG4win Forum for problems and help' https://wald.intevation.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=21 but there I found almost no previous references of PATH environment variables related issues ('lite installer blows away PATH' tracked issue was from 2007 and anyway unrelated to issue I met even if at end it also mentioned '... it scared the crap out of me when all kinds of command-line tools were "not found".').
So after that, and expanding my investigation also among this site Advanced Search and then there I found : T3457, T3458 (both initially);
(today right before opening this bug) rKLEOPATRAc1a79f1d4cf7..., rG8872657b2a52..., rENIGe6d421fa2b65..., rMecedadb70083..., rM9db5d05376cc..., T5424 (so far);
I decided to remove Gpg4win and then reinstalled it to finally get a screen shot bitmap that now I need to know how to also ensure it can be reached from here (I'll check more about how to attach it somewhere...)