Feb 9 2023
Good catch. The translation of the option descriptions is done as part of the option parser (libgpg-error/src/argparse.c) and thus we need to have gettext support over there. Also for some other error messages.
Feb 8 2023
Seems to work if NLS support is enabled. Updating in https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/122706. Once merged, users will need to brew reinstall libgpg-error (Homebrew has decided to avoid forcing updates to all users outside of critical fixes).
Probably due to libgpg-error being built without NLS support on macOS as formula currently doesn't have gettext dependency. On Linux, libintl is provided by glibc so doesn't need any extra dependencies.
This is the formula: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/blob/c26f1c8714c231ee6796915f033ba229c89af3d6/Formula/gnupg.rb
I have no idea about Homebrew - can you figure out the maintainer and point him to here?
Feb 7 2023
This is the Homebrew build. Maybe something not included in the recipe?
No idea what happens. I can't replicate that on a Linux box using GNU gettext and neither in Windows using gnupg's own gettext implementation. It seems that strings without any line feed don't get translated.
Thanks. Looks pretty standard. I will have a closer look.
Feb 6 2023
sysconfdir:/usr/local/etc/gnupg bindir:/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg/2.4.0/bin libexecdir:/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg/2.4.0/libexec libdir:/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg/2.4.0/lib/gnupg datadir:/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg/2.4.0/share/gnupg localedir:/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg/2.4.0/share/locale socketdir:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg dirmngr-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.dirmngr keyboxd-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.keyboxd agent-ssh-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent.ssh agent-extra-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent.extra agent-browser-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent.browser agent-socket:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg/S.gpg-agent homedir:/Users/emirsari/.gnupg
Can you please provide the output of
Jul 29 2022
It is unlikely that the tofu stuff will get into widespread use in the 2.2 version - if at all.
Jan 22 2022
Jan 20 2022
Jan 10 2022
That seems to
(mostly) work partially fix PowerShell pipeline output at least:
Oct 1 2021
Sep 29 2021
Hello again Werner,
Ok, but the problem is that by default CMD command windows do not use any Unicode set of characters, and their default font is 'Raster characters' and the typical display of characters inside these windows, at least for Italian people because this was the default since MS-DOS age, is to only consider using MS-DOS ASCII codepage 850, not Unicode.
And this is also why before showing the error message I ran the command mode.
Anyway because of the 2 characters getting displayed instead of single expected 'è' (whose character code is 0x82) I can also tell you that by using Charmap.exe again (just in case you may not know it allows display of any Unicode or Raster font characters and their hexadecimal codes) and so switching its default font from System (Unicode) to 8514oem (raster, corresponding to 8514oem.fon) I've been able to determine which should be the 2 wrong displayed characters hexadecimal codes : 'Ã' (0xC3), and '¨' (0xA8) but here obviously both characters cannot be represented correctly because this site is using 'Segoe UI' font, which is Unicode too.
So the only main way to check that I identified the correct characters will be if you (or someone else you know) with another Windows client run Charmap.exe switch font to 8514oem (raster) and check that displayed characters corresponding to 0xC3 and 0xA8 are the same that got displayed in the error message bitmap I provided (a part from probably being able to find where in Italian messages localization rather then in source code those 2 characters have been used incorrectly).
P.S. Because in a past similar bug about Italian localization I saw a comment from you about this kind of option, please just let me know in case you think I might possibly be able to help you to review involved 'GPG' Italian error message(s) for this bug.
Sep 28 2021
That pretty much looks like the other errors you have with Unicode characters - which we can't replicate.
Aug 13 2021
Jul 6 2021
Jun 17 2021
I apply Diff1487 then Diff1488.
Jun 15 2021
Jun 14 2021
Thank you. Here are my comments.
Hi, I updated the whole file, PLZ review. https://dev.gnupg.org/D533
Jun 13 2021
Thank you for your suggestion and making a patch.
Sorry, I think, it is more official to update from 把密钥导出到一个公钥服务器上 to 将密钥导出到一个公钥服务器上 in the Chinese doc scenario. 😄😄😄😄
Jun 11 2021
Jun 10 2021
Pushed the change.
Considering the history of the translation, I concluded that it should be:
(the typo was G-A where B-A was expected.)
This is not GitHub, so, if you want, you need to learn how to submit your change in the form of patch, by using git.
Jun 9 2021
Clone and checkout the branch as usual with Git. There is no web editor etc like you might know from github. For your request we need to wait for someone to check your request.
May 8 2021
Apr 15 2021
Thank you. Merged and pushed.
Apr 10 2021
Feb 1 2021
Thanks for the feedback. I sadly forgot to include the italian translations of GpgOL in the installer. So they will only be part of the next relase.
Jan 29 2021
Problem solved in Gpg4win 3.1.15 version! I think it can be closed!
Jan 23 2021
you can close this tickets, the Italian translation has already been uploaded successfully. Don't import anything to GnuPG. Thanks a lot!
Jan 22 2021
Argh! I had added the translation to GpgOL but forgot to list the file in our installer. So it will only be part of the next version.