After some investigation it turns out there are several bugs in the thing that eventually produces an email with the counter proposal.
Do you have any hint how I can test this? I installed Chinese-Simplified (zh_CN) but I fear switching the display Language. Maybe I should just use _wasctime and convert to utf8
I had a look at the current state (VS-Desktop-18.104.22.168-beta229/231 from 2023-09-29):
So I have analyzed the problem and I think I understand it now, but I don't really have a solution yet as I think a new option or change in gpgtar might be needed. I think the easiest would be that if --utf8-strings is provided that also the --output parameter is assumed to be UTF8 encoded? And not just the files from --files-from?
See also https://dev.gnupg.org/T6401#176099 which explains why OpenPGP seems to behave differently than S/MIME.
aheinecke wrote regarding not showing the group at all (https://dev.gnupg.org/T6401#175847):
This was actually implemented in a similar way for T3490.
Sorry, done now
I have created a merge request for upstream to remove the useless "No date" option:
I have added a patch with the changes to gpg4win, so that we do not have to wait for the fixed upstream version.
You forgot to add src/inst-pcre2.nsi and src/uninst-pcre2.nsi
This is in contrast to the behavior for "single" keys. An expired key is not listed as available for encryption at all.
This one is one me. I think the issue is gpgme-w32 spawn.
Sun, Oct 1
Sat, Sep 30
Hi, thank you so much and sorry for delay.
This beta is working for us perfectly.
After some investigation into what everyone else is doing, nobody seems to be using and supporting this property as of now. The big players (Google Calendar, Office365) abuse the Location field to store the URL for the onlin-meeting with alternative methods of joining the conference (e.g. dial-in numbers. etc) stored in the event description.
I guess we should add an extended API to set the filter.
Fri, Sep 29
Yes, works now ( VS-Desktop-22.214.171.124-beta from today):
works, I only see the error in debugview.
Furthermore, I use the occasion to point to T6493, Improvements on search window ;-)
Under Kleopatra -> Settings -> Configure Kleopatra -> GnuPG System -> In the Tab Secret Keys -> Is there either "Delete unused Passwords after N Seconds or Delete Passwords after N Seconds set to zero or the option "Do not use the password cache for signing" set? In this case this would be normal and expected behavior because it turns of the caching.
Thanks for the report and the helpful suggestion. I was anyway about to change the time format but your suggestion is better.
I am not sure whether we need to fix things in kleo but at some places gpg uses atoi() to parse the seconds since epoch. This should be fixed because that is the way gpgme provides the expiry time. I will also look into the ISO date string parser.
works: After generating a PIV key
nevertheless shows the OpenPGP keys. Tested with gpg4win 4.2.0.
Thu, Sep 28
Aha, so you know how to provoke us into action, good man ;-) Alright I give it high priority. No seriously, makes sense to have we'll see when we can fit it in. Needs an extension in our internal api so probably not in the next release but sooner rather then later.
Maybe it's due to the fact that I used a non-admin installation? Actually I'm also surprised that it worked that way. What kind of debug logs could I supply?
works as described
Mmh or even select all expired keys and then refresh them.
Multi select makes this nontrivial. But I think only with multi select this would really be useful. But yes it is a nice item for the backlog. E.g. if you know that a company switched their mail domain you might want to refresh all the keys from that company and you could do that with filter + multi select and refresh.
For me with Gpg4win 4.2.0 it works as expected, that is all UIDs which have a checkmark are certified in one go, entry of password only once. Used the key given in description for the test.
After the fix everything after the Signature block is now silently discarded
Changing debug options unfortunately didn't change much.